MAC seeks Program Officer
The Montana Arts Council is seeking a program officer to join its staff in Helena. The position was posted on the state hiring website, mtstatejobs.taleo.net, March 11 and the first review of applicants is April 6. The position will remain posted until filled.
According to the job description:
The Montana Arts Council (MAC) is the agency of state government established to develop the creative potential of all Montanans, advance education, spur economic vibrancy and revitalize communities through involvement in the arts.
MAC is looking for a team-oriented, hard-working and fun-loving individual with an aptitude for learning new skills who will thrive in a small office environment.
MAC is a dynamic agency where all members work strategically to address issues of diversity, equity, access and inclusion.
The Program Officer will:
- Represent MAC across Montana and nationally
- Promote grant programs like The Cultural Trust, Strategic Investment Grants and Artist’s Innovation Awards
- Develop, refine and implement all aspects of grant programs
- Contribute content for MAC’s social media channels
- Provide assistance to artists, educators and non-profit organizations
Knowledge of the arts is not necessary – a love of the arts and creativity is required!
To apply for this position, submit a resume and cover letter through the State of Montana Careers site. The cover letter should describe how your knowledge and skills align with the duties of this position. Only electronic applications will be accepted.
For more information, email JeniferAlger@mt.gov or call 406-444-6489.